Shoppers and visitors to Neston are very warmly welcomed on Friday market days.
- Everyone is welcome!
- Tea, Coffee, Hot chocolate – top up your tea pot!
- Home baked cakes, fruit pies – to eat here, or take away.
- Locally sourced produce.
- Freshly made sandwiches – to eat here, or take away.
- Toast, Baked Potatoes, Cheese/Beans on Toast.
- Free WiFi, 10am-12noon, courtesy of Neston Community Cyber Centre (registration required).
- Meet and make friends.
- Friendly volunteers.
- Sit and read your paper or iPad or tablet.
- Choose a book from a wide selection of fiction and non-fiction in the 2nd hand bookstall – all very reasonable prices.
- Bric-a-brac – browse, donate.
- Disabled toilet, wide corridors, easy access for wheelchairs, walking frames and prams.
- Regular fund raising for local and national charities, eg. Northern Lights, Fairtrade, etc.
- Pastoral volunteers also on hand for those seeking pastoral support.
Where do our profits go?
- Purchase of equipment for Welcome Cafe and other community use.
- Maintenance and repairs of the building, eg boiler re-fit, painting, roof repairs, etc.
- Towards running costs, eg gas and electricity, cleaning.
- Towards Caretaker wages.
- Towards provision of Neston office for Age UK information officer.
- First opened on Friday the 20th November 1981, under the old name “Drop In” at the rear of the Neston Town Hall. It was run by Age Concern Neston and open to older people only.
- In 1999, re-located to its new premises on the re-developed Neston Methodist Church & Community Centre.
- Re-launched on Friday 10th January 2014 as “The Welcome Café” to reflect the all welcome policy, where everyone is warmly welcomed.
- Staffed entirely by Volunteers drawn from the Neston Methodist Church and the wider community, Welcome Café aims to carry on providing a warm and friendly place for a chat and a bite to eat for all those who come into Neston on Friday Market days.
For more information email us at